2026.09.27, Colmworth, near Bedford,

Started by Thomas David, 05, August 2026, 09:03:27 PM

« previous - next »

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Thomas David

Hi,

Ross has very kindly found a club and date to make a second attempt at an FCScore competition. Hopefully this one is a bit more accessible for everyone. We will fly all classes, judging will be performed by Flight Coach Score.

If you haven't used Flight Coach before please don't let this put you off. I'll bring some spare flight logging hardware along, the entire system isn't much bigger than a receiver so easy enough to find a home for.

All classes will be flown.

cheers,

Tom

Clubman:

Intermediate:

A27:
Simon Clark
Darren Dorgan

P27:
Peter Jenkins
Phil Lewis
Adrian Harrison

P&F:
Thomas David

Darren Dorgan

Sounds good, although I may need a FC unit if I haven't sorted one by then

Thomas David

No problem Darren, I'll have a few spares.

Joe Wotton

How many entries do you need to make this comp viable?

Darren Dorgan

Just sent my entry and payment..  sorry, thought I had.

Looking forward to it.

Any other takers ? (You don't need FC in your plane before as Thomas has spares)

Ross Donovan

Hi All,

The number of entries for this comp is currently too low, we need an entry of at least 10 to justify it going ahead.

If anyone is planning to enter but has not yet we need your entry before next Wednesday 23rd September.

Peter Jenkins

Please do give this competition a go.  It will be helpful to all of us in the F3A world.  Pretty 🙏. 

Darren Dorgan

Any last minute takers ?
I've been looking forward to another comp  :)

Graham Gooch

Gentleman,

Firstly, thank you to the six entries that we already have but there has now been three "last minute" pleas for further entries.

It's pretty much common knowledge that many of our existing members are making very good use of Flight Coach whilst practicing at various sites around the country. However, it also goes without saying that the present lack of full time judges has now finally caught up with the Association.

Going forward the current situation will only get worse unless various regimes are implemented for example two pilots are picked in rotation to miss flying in a competition and become full time judges for that day.

This particular competition at Colmworth is only an evaluation to assist Thomas David, Adrian Mansell and others in the further development of Flight Coach and to help make it closer to a human judge.

I would ask and urge some more members to step up and come forward and fly in this competition if nothing else but to show support for this British initiative.

PS. I would have entered myself but am currently away on a family holiday. 

Kevin Caton

There are two birthdays in my family this weekend so they have to take priority - sorry I can't support this event. 

James Fallowfield

Unfortunately I have other things on this weekend otherwise I would have attended.
I have had a very busy F3A season !!

Ross Donovan

Hi All,

Due to the lack of entries this competition is now cancelled.

Graham Gooch