The Leicester (Gumley) BMFA Centralised & National League competition is scheduled for 20th September.
The following schedules will be flown:
Clubman
Edward Down (withdrawn)
Richard McKenzie (Withdrawn)
Intermediate
Michael Broad (withdrawn)
Advanced A27
Graham Gooch (withdrawn)
Darren Dorgan
Andy Ellison
P27
Peter Jenkins
Stephen Simm
Steve Smithey
Peter Scholes (withdrawn)
Brian Hoare (Withdrawn)
Phil Lewis
Ken Moss
Mike Wood (withdrawn)
Greg Butterworth (withdrawn)
Adrian Harrison (withdrawn)
P&F 27
Mike Pole (Withdrawn)
Peter Madden (Withdrawn)
Keith Jackson
Jim Fallowfield
Kevin Caton
There are spaces available for entries before Thursday noon (17th September) at latest.
Gate open 0800
Noise/fail safe checks from 0815
Pilots briefing 0845
First flight 0900
Gate Location
What3Words: blessing.exotic.atoms
More details/Map as below:
http://www.leicestermodelaeroclub.org.uk/p/site.html
Please note further entries will now go on the reserve list
Mike
All please note a reserve list is now in operation. If you wish to be included on this please post here on the forum rather than submitting a formal entry. If a space becomes available due to a cancellation I will inform those on the reserve list in chronological order so they may then submit a comp entry form.
Thank you,
Mike
Reserve list for me please - P&F
me too please .
adrian
Reserve list for me please - A27
Hi mate I'm afraid I need to withdraw from this comp due to ill health I will still come up to support Ed down but I will be unable to fly unfortunately.
Can you process a refund asap
Regards
Mick broad
Hi Mick,
Sorry to hear that but look forward to still seeing you there. I will ask that you be refunded.
Regards,
Mike
With 6 weeks to go until the 5th Centralised comp at Leicester (Gumley) I call on offers to judge please. Also I would be grateful for some assistance with noise checks and failsafe.
Thank you,
Mike
I'll volunteer to judge Clubman, A27 and P&F.
Hi Mike,
Going to have to withdraw my entry, see for sale section for details !
Can you organise a refund, thanks.
Could still come to do some P&F judging, if it would help ?
If I get off the reserve list, I'm happy to help with the noise and failsafe checks.
Not able to judge at the minute, but need to start looking into that more in future.
Thank you to Peter J, Peter S and Darren for your offers of help. Sorry to hear of your mishap Peter (S) but if you are happy to judge that would be brilliant thank you.
It also moves Darren from the reserve list.
It means also Richard is the sole reserve and I may just squeeze him in flying clubman.
I will review again in due course.
More offers to judge would be welcome from others 🙂
Hi Mike,
More than happy to judge.
Hi Mike
I can judge Clubman, Intermediate and A-27. I have calling and flying duties for P-27 and P&F.
Thank you Kevin 👍
Please add me to the res list trying to fly A27 for the first time..
No problem if the comp is full.
Andy Ellison
Hi Andy, you are duly added to the list.
Mike
Quote from: Mike Pole on 27, August 2026, 01:30:49 AMHi Andy, you are duly added to the list.
Mike
Thanks Mike.
I'll probably be at Buckminster that weekend anyway so can attend at very short notice if somebody drops out.
Hi Mike I am on Family taxi duties to Heathrow on the 20th so please remove me from the entry list
(apologies but creates an opportunity I guess)
Adrian
Changes made to the pilots list.
Adrian withdrawn from P27 and Andy added in A27.
Is it possible to come and watch please?
Yes Steve, you are more than welcome to watch. Do you want to go on the reserve list to fly in case a place arises?
Hi Mike,
Can I be added to the reserves list please.
Regards,
Matt
Pilots list updated with Matt Smailes added to the reserve list
Pilot list updated to include Matt Smailes in P27 following Mike Wood withdrawing.
Hello mike
I am withdrawing from the comp
Hi Mike It Ed l am withdrawing from the comp
Pilot list revised as Ed Down has withdrawn
Pilot list revised following Peter Madden withdrawing.
Pilot list revised. A couple of spaces are available but please get entries in promptly.
Pilot list revised (see first post). Entries currently still available. Judging rota to follow
Hi Mike,
Apologies, I forgot to reply to your message. I'm fine to judge as required
Thanks
Keith
After some consideration and despite the recent pilot withdrawals I intend to run a 3 round competition to avoid further pressure on judges and CD. We can maintain decent breaks and if there remains sufficient time after the formal competition we can set up a flight list for pilots to have further flights. If pilots want feedback from these flights I am sure this will not be a problem.
On this basis here is my suggested judging rota.
A27
All rounds: Peter Jenkins and Kevin Caton
P27
Round 1: Pete Scoles and Jim Fallowfield
Round 2: Pete Scoles & Keith Jackson
Round 3: Pete Scoles & Mike Pole
P&F
Round 1: Pete Scoles & Peter Jenkins
Round 2: Stephen Simm & Steve Smithey Round 3: Pete Scoles & Peter Jenkins
If there are any concerns regarding the above please let me know here ASAP.
Darren kindly offered (some while back)
to assist me with the compulsory noise and failsafe tests which is much appreciated.
As per last year there will be tea, coffee and biscuits provided free throughout the day but you will need to bring your own lunch please.
Charging sockets are available in the workshop.
The site has proper ladies and gents flush toilets and a warm club room in case of rain.
Due to the judging rota in P27 I consider that P27 scores must be normalised in addition to the usual P&F.
A27 can utilise raw scores.
If there are any concerns with this including any technical issues with Notaumatic please advise but I consider it is the only way to achieve fairness in P27.
Following my previous post #34 it has been brought to my attention that we cannot use normalised scores for P27 at Leicester as the scores could not then be added into the overall league table results.
Still happy to help with the noise & failsafe checks :)
Thank you Darren, very much appreciated 🙂
Entries are now closed. The pilot list has now been confirmed to Phil.
I look forward to seeing all concerned on Sunday 🙂
On Mike's behalf, here is the flight order for Sunday.
Phil
Hi Phil,
Sorry but there is no Matt Smailes on the final list.
Mike
Following the above here is a new flight order, only P-27 is affected but only in a minor way due to Matt not flying.
Phil
Thanks. Are we re-examining the 4th round decision?
Hi Andy,
No sorry, not on this occasion for various reasons mainly to do with judging but if we finish early you can have another fly. Also, Kevin and Jim are planning to fly an unknown to entertain us, again if there is time.
Quote from: Mike Pole on 18, September 2026, 09:41:34 PMHi Andy,
No sorry, not on this occasion for various reasons mainly to do with judging but if we finish early you can have another fly. Also, Kevin and Jim are planning to fly an unknown to entertain us, again if there is time.
I'm pretty good at unknowns myself, though I suppose the difference will be that they know whats coming next.......unlike mine.
See you Sunday!
On Mike's behalf, here are the full scores from today's competition.
Phil
Thanks to Mike for an excellent competition at Leicester Model Aero Club to complete the BMFA Centralised for 2026.
A thoroughly enjoyable day with hot refreshments and biscuits provided too which was perfect for helping with the cooler temperature.
The conditions were difficult, with a fairly brisk cross wind blowing in giving us all additional work during our schedules. In view of that we saw some good flights from everyone.
Really good to see a close competition in Advance class too between Darren and Andy, some good quality A27 schedules being flown.
I second the thanks to Mike and the Leicester club ... Great day as with all comps.
Thanks for the kind words re A27 ... the ringer did well for his first comp in A27 :-\ but I knew he would. Mr Ellison didn't dissapoint 👍
Thank you Mike and Cassie for running this comp. Thank you to all the judges and to Steve Simm for helping me.
Only fly in the ointment was the disaster on take off for flight 2! I might just have to go back to Falcon u/c legs inlieu of the Hobby King ones. The latter have a bit more sweepback on them placing the main wheels about an inch further aft.
On behalf of Mike, here is a link to the photos taken on the day.
IMG 7420 | UKF3A Photo Gallery (https://ukf3a.com/gallery/picture.php?/14741/category/421#&gid=1&pid=1)